Friday, April 17, 2009

Slowly losing my mind lol

Since it's been so long since I've updated this blog I figured today was a good day to do it. And since I still have no job and no car at home(hubby has been taking mine to work to try and save money) I've been going a bit (well not a BIT - A LOT) stir crazy. Yesterday my cousin Deborah called and asked me to come and that's when it really hit. Today I got put of bed feeling sorry for myself because I feel like I do nothing but play on the computer all day long (and watch TV) so I decided that today I was going to turn my being on the computer all day into something positive!
I am in charge of my wards Super Saturday in August, I know that if I dont get started now it will never happen. So I spent all of today (except for 2 hours that I watched the movie "Marley and me" with Alex - such a CUTE movie!) looking for ideas. Wednesday evening we had an Enrichment Board meeting and we talked a little about SS. We decided we don't want just crafty things. I am a papercrafter so sewing and other things are a little out of my comfort zone, Well I found some really awesome blogs in my search for ideas. I started out on 30day blog ( http://thirtyhandmadedays.blogspot.com ) This blog has such a HUGE variety of ideas, I followed a bunch of the links to all kinds of ideas. Before I knew it, Mike was calling me to tell me he was on his way home from work and I still hadn't gotten dressed for the day.

BTW for those of you looking to save money - one of the blogs I ended up on while looking at shrink art Christmas ornaments even has a recipe for homemade laundry soap ($2.50 for 5 gallons WOW) ( http://littlebirdiesecrets.blogspot.com/2009/02/make-your-own-laundry-soap.html )

So I am off to finish getting the boys ready for the camping trip they are going on tonight. Mike and I are a little excited they are going because we will have over 24 hours of no kids - no idea what to do with ourselves though lol

No comments: